Pages

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Would you still be my friend?

We knew when we met
The timing was perfect
We were each others' 'God-send';
Finished lines for each other
And knew it was a bother
To ask if you would be my friend



We pinged, buzzed and tweeted
We chatted and time fleeted
Our conversations would not end;
We discovered what we liked
And what gets us psyched
We could write "A Stranger's Guide to my Friend"

We weren't part of the crowd
Of our refined tastes we were proud
Aah, weren't we the premium blend;
We laughed at silly love
We had much more and somehow
The world seemed smaller than a friend

Until now we are fine
We've never crossed 'the line'
But soon we may have actions to mend;
In sickness and in health
In insanity and no wealth
Would you still be my friend?

If I am no more witty
If I lose my repartee
And our talks reach a dead-end;
If I became stupid
And talked mush and cupid
Would you still be my friend?

When my life is a land slide
And I turn down in pride
The helping hand that you lend;
Would you let go
Of my self respect/ego?
Would you still be my friend?

When I stand ill-judged
My good name smudged
Would you know I'd break but never bend?
Would you look at me
With trust but not pity?
Would you still be my friend?

When my days are counted
And all hurdles surmounted
And there are no more lines to be penned;
Would we be together
And know it will be a bother
To ask if you'd still be my friend?

3 comments:

BADARI said...

yes I would...........till the end

best poetry i read in recent times

BADARI said...

Yes I would.......Be a friend....till the ... end
because it is not about what you can take ..but about what you can give...

best poem read in a long time....keep it going Sowmya

Srija said...

Can I send this to my friend? I think it best reflects my mind(present). Thank you.